Remember the time when you were given turmeric milk for healing wounds and pain? It is very effective. The home remedies or dadi maa ke nuskhe have made a smashing comeback. The old systems of medicine like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Homoeopathy, and Yoga have become popular today.
Ghee, an Ayurvedic super ingredient, has been part of the Indian kitchen for centuries. It has been in use in home remedies since forever. More specifically, Cow Ghee is said to have incredible healing properties. Ayurveda and modern science both recognize the immense benefits of Cow Ghee. Cow ghee is like Ojas (life force). That is because it has all the five elements of Ojas (fire, water, earth, air, ether).
Here, we are discussing simple but effective home remedies. These remedies, whose chief ingredient is Ghee, will tackle your health issues.
Some Home Remedies
1. Home remedy for Improving Digestion – Mix all the ingredients and consume before bed every day. This shall aid in digestion and contribute to maintaining gut health.
- 1 glass hot milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ¼ tsp turmeric (optional)
If you have poor digestion, ghee can do wonders by providing Butyric acid to your gut. Butyric acid energizes gut cell lining and metabolism.
2. Home remedy for Dry Cough – Have a teaspoon of Ghee after chewing peppercorn. Don't drink water after that. This remedy will cure dry cough and sore throat.
- 1 peppercorn
- 1 tsp Cow Ghee
Ghee cures sore throats through its antibacterial property.
3. Home remedy for Curing a Cold and headache: Heat the cow ghee. When it turns warm, drop it into your nostrils. It will unclog the nose blockage and cure headaches.
- 1 teaspoon cow ghee
Ghee gives lubrication to the nasal passage. It balances the "Kapha" of the body.
4. Home remedy for Skin – Add gram flour, turmeric, and ghee. Add water or milk till it reaches a paste consistency. Apply it as needed on the body. Leave for 20 minutes and then wash off after it dries.
- 2-3 tablespoons Gram flour
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp pure cow desi ghee
- Milk or water as required
The imbalance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha leads to skin problems. Ghee intake helps to cure this by balancing these.
5.Home remedy for weight loss and managing cholesterol - Add ghee to your food daily to boost metabolism and reduce unwanted fat.
- 1 tablespoon cow ghee
Ghee has Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids which increase metabolism and decrease belly fat. Omega 6 (conjugated linoleic acid) also reduces bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol).
6. Home remedy for promoting hair growth: Apply ghee to your scalp and cover the head. Leave overnight. In the morning, wash and then rinse with shampoo. This routine every few days will induce good hair growth.
- Desi cow ghee
Hair Fall is mainly due to the Vata problem. Ghee resolves it by balancing the Vata.
7. Home Remedy: Anti-aging – Make a paste using all ingredients and apply it to the face and neck. Leave it as such for 10 minutes. Wash with cold water. Don't apply any cosmetic products for 5-6 hours.
- 2 tsp pure ghee
- Honey for dry skin/Lemon juice for oily skin
- Sandalwood paste
An aggravated Vata Dosha causes faster aging. Ghee controls aging due to its Vata balancing nature.
8. Home Remedy for Treatment of mouth ulcers - Smear some ghee on the ulcer and keep it on for a few minutes. Rinse with water. Repeating this will shrink the ulcer.
The Butyric acid, CLA and DHA found in Ghee are helpful against inflammation and swelling.
9. Home Remedy for wound - Mix ingredients and apply on the wound.
- Turmeric powder
Ghee has healing properties and reduces inflammation. It gives a cooling sensation.
- Home Remedy for Joint Pain - Massage with ghee on the affected area.
Ayurveda says that Vata accumulates in joints and bones. So, pain is due to Vata. Ghee massage helps to balance the Vata and reduce pain.
Precautions while taking Ghee:
- Don't over consume ghee, or you may have vomiting and loose motion.
- If you have liver-related issues like jaundice, avoid ghee.
- If you are suffering from a bad cough and cold, take a small amount of ghee.
- Take ghee in food amounts while breastfeeding.
- Add ghee to your diet if you are pregnant. But if you are overweight, consult your doctor regarding the dosage.
- If you feel indigestion after ghee consumption, have warm water or buttermilk.
Why Bilona ghee for Home Remedies?
The Original desi ghee is made using the Bilona technique. Ayurveda advocates the bilona method. All Shahji Ghee is made by this Vedic method to preserve ghee in its best state. Do indulge in some Desi Ghee online shopping and check out our A2 ghee price, Premium Desi Ghee (Noni) price, Gir cow ghee price, Desi cow ghee price.
To conclude, Ayurveda says that Ghee has Ropan (healing), Sita (cold), Snigdha (oily), Pachak (digestion), and Balya (strength providing) properties. Thus, it strengthens our Ojas (Immunity) and balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in our bodies. Modern science too endorses the view that Ghee increases immunity. Ghee has a lot of antioxidants, vitamins, and essential fatty acids that augment our immunity. So, eat Ghee for a healthy immune system and try out these simple home remedies.