India is a land of diverse cultures with rich heritage, recognized all around the world for its rich taste. The food staples are also different from the western part of India to the extreme east.
But, the only thing that remains the same is people’s preference of using A2 Desi Ghee in cooking food.
Is All Ghee Same?
No, ghee varies in texture, taste, and colour. This variation arises from the butter quality, milk source, and boiling duration.
Why Tamil Nadu People Like Organic A2 Ghee?
Ghee is commonly and tastefully added in cuisines of Tamil Nādu. Ghee truly plays an essential role in umpteen number of dishes and recipes in Tamil Nadu.
Culinary delicacies are incomplete without the distinct flavour and aroma of pure ghee which enhances the taste of food in an instant.
Just imagine Dosa topped with pure desi ghee or Kesari Bhat topped with desi ghee or sweets like Ghee Mysore Pak.
Ghee is widely used in South Indian cuisine for tempering curries and in preparation of rice dishes and sweets. Tamilians have a habit of adding ghee to their rice before eating it with pickles and curries.
South Indians are among the biggest consumers of ghee. The people from Tamil Nadu use ghee for preparation of savoury and sweet dishes alike.
Which Native Cattle Breeds Produce A2 Ghee?
India has 27 such breeds of cattle which produce A2 milk, of superior quality and some of them are listed below:
Is A2 Ghee Expensive?
Yes, compared to regular ghee A2 ghee is costlier because A2 ghee is made from the milk of indigenous breeds and these breeds produce only half the milk that A1 milk producing breeds, yield. For making 1 Kg ghee, approximately 16-40 liters of milk is required, and this is the reason behind the high cost of A2 pure desi ghee.
10 Best Organic A2 Desi Ghee Brand in Tamil Nadu | Best Ghee in Tamil Nadu
#1. Shahji Ghee - A2 Desi Ghee
Shahji Ghee well known for honest business Keeping up the values of Late Shri. Arjun Das Ahuja, the founder of Shahji Ghee, his children have maintained the same legacy of bringing back the age old traditional values of purity and freshness.
- Shahji ghee is made from superior A2 cow breeds like Gir cow and Sahiwal cows fed on natural grass using vedic bilona method.
- The yellow colour of Shahji A2 ghee will mesmerize you, is due to presence of β – carotene. Our body converts β (Beta) – carotene to Vitamin A (retinol) according to body needs, is present in abundance in Shahji A2 cow ghee. If you are regularly complementing your foods with pure A2 cow ghee, it is unlikely that you will suffer from an eye problem.
- Grainy texture of this ghee shows that it is made using low heat process to retain its nutrients and texture.
- It contains amino acids which makes it easier to digest and helps in reducing belly fat.
- Shahji A2 cow ghee is a rich source of vitamin A, unadulterated antioxidants, preservatives free, premium quality protein and micronutrients that aids in boosting immunity and strengthening bones. so you can say that shahji ghee is the #1 best ghee in tamil nadu.
#2. Anveshan - A2 Cow Desi Ghee
Anveshan is prepared by a community of farmer families (Anveshan village micro-enterpreneurs) spread across India. It is made from the A2 milk of grass-fed Hallikar cows of Karnataka. Made in small batches, Anveshan A2 ghee is locked with tempting flavour.
- Pure A2 milk, famous for its antioxidant properties.
- It has rich vitamin value and supports strong and healthy muscle strength.
- It is as opaque as the mother's milk.
- It has a shelf life of 180 days. so you can say that Anveshan is the #2 best ghee in tamil nadu.
#3. Gir Organic - A2 Cow Desi Ghee
Gir Organic's A2 Gir Cow Ghee is a vital source of holistic nourishment and taste and is made using the traditional ‘Bilona’ method.
- Grass-feeding Desi Indian cows is used to prepare the Gir Organic Ghee.
- Modern technology is used to source milk from cows. No human involvement.
- Beneficial during pregnancy.
- Contains Ayurvedic properties.
- This Ghee offers a healthy bone and ligament strength, improves the function of other vital organs including the brain and heart, relieves joint pain.
- The presence of herbal plants like Shatavari, Jivanti, Ashwagandha and others in the fodder of the cows has a significant impact on both milk and ghee. so you can say that Gir organic is the #3 best ghee in tamil nadu.
#4. Two Brothers Organic Farms A2 Gir Cow Cultured Ghee
- Right Rearing Gir cows-free grazed-milked by hand, farm fodder.; hand made on wood fire in small batches. Churned in pre-dawn hours, cows milked by hand, free grazed cows.
- This organic ghee is made using traditional bilona method.
- It lowers cholesterol.
- It is free of additives and preservatives.
- Right Packaging- Packed in glass bottles.so you can say that Two Brothers Organic Farms is the #4 best ghee in tamil nadu.
#5. Kapiva A2 Organic Ghee
Kapiva Cow Ghee is procured from the milk of the Tharparkar cows - a cow breed from Thar Desert of India. These cows are grass-fed and are not factory-farmed, they are free from cross-breeding, which gives our Ghee its special, natural qualities.
- The quality of this Kapiva ghee is of the highest standard
- It is 99% trans-fat free
- The flavorful ghee is made from natural and fresh cow milk
- The A2 milk which is used to make our ghee contains a beta-casein protein that's supremely rich in nutrients such as calcium, iron, and fat-soluble vitamins A, D and E, as well as Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. so you can say that Kapiva is the #5 best ghee in tamil nadu.
#6. Barosi A2 Cow Desi Ghee
- Barosi A2 Cow Ghee has magnificent aroma and taste and is easily digestible.
- Barosi’s pure A2 Desi Cow Ghee is nutritious, natural and aromatic.
- It is 100% chemical and preservative free.
- This ghee is a powerhouse of goodness, enriched with omega-3 fatty acids and other essential good fats.
- It is made by heating fresh cow milk until it separates into cream and skimmed milk. The cream is then heated again until it becomes solid. This process removes all water and impurities, leaving only the fat.
- Barosi A2 ghee has no additives or preservatives.
- A2 Desi Cow Ghee helps in better brain functioning and memory improvement, strengthens heart, increases bone density, improves skin glow, helps with hair strength, improves digestion and weight management, improves vision and also helps in slowing down ageing process. so you can say that Barosi is the #6 best ghee in tamil nadu
#7. Himalayan Natives Organic Bilona Cow Ghee
- It is highly nutritious and contains a rich and authentic flavour and natural aroma..
- It is a 100% natural and organic pure cow ghee.
- It is free of artificial flavors and preservatives
- helps against the process of aging. so you can say that Himalayan is the #7 best ghee in tamil nadu
#8. Sri Sri Tattva - A2 Cow Desi Ghee
We never compromise on the quality, purity, and taste of our ghee. Our pure cow’s ghee is FSSAI certified which makes it safe for your consumption.
- The name of this brand itself suggests that it is an Indian Brand. Those who want the flavor and taste of the Ghee will go for Sri Sri Tattva Ghee.
- Packed with vitamin A, D, E & K, and omega-3s, Ghee aids in better immunity, heart health, joint health, and more.
- The whole process is followed in hygienic conditions and all the safety measures from the Food Department is taken to ensure quality and hygiene.
- Sri Sri Tattva Desi Ghee – made from Desi Cows, is not just an accompaniment, but a necessity. Take home goodness. So you can say that Sri Sri tattva is the #8 best ghee in tamil nadu
#9. Gavyamart - A2 Cow Desi Ghee
- This ghee has been manufactured from indigenous cows only.
- Gavyamart ghee follows a traditional method to obtain Ghee in which the butter is cooked on a slow flame, this process gives more delight and maintains the nutritional value as well.
- Cow’s ghee has tremendous power to protect our body from radioactive waves.
- Desi-ghee is useful for better digestion and energy. It is also known as vat-pitta-kafa nashak.
- Gavyamart Pure ghee from Indian breed cows by shree Nandanvan Godham Mahatirthis known as a substance that gives longevity and it has the quality of softness that is used in Ayurvedic Panchkarma treatments such as Netra Basti.
- Organically made, this Ghee is satvik in its true sense of the word. so you can say that Gavyamart is the #9 best ghee in tamil nadu
#10. Matratva - A2 Cow Desi Ghee
Matratva Ghee brand is started by a young IITian, Ankita Kumawat along with her husband with a team of 10 members to do something new and revolutionary. She had left her job in the US and followed her passion to become a farmer. She belonged to a farming background family, which is why she started this Ghee brand following her roots.
- Our ghee is made from milk of indigenous gir cows only.
- No adulteration is done to ghee it is natural and pure ghee.
- We use Vedic method of making ghee so no machinery or chemicals are used. so you can say that Matratva is the #10 best ghee in tamil nadu.
Watch Video on 10 Best Ghee Brand in Tamil Nadu
What Is So Special About A2 Desi Ghee?
- All milk or milk-derived products contains a special protein called casein. However, the A2 pure ghee is made from the milk of the desi cows.
- A2 desi ghee contains milk that lacks the beta-casein protein and Beta casein protein is known to hurt people who are lactose intolerant.
- A2 desi ghee is said to be healthy than any other varieties of ghee because this ghee contains amino acids that are not generally produced in the body but they are very essential.
- A2 desi ghee is prepared by hand churning the milk, by the traditional bilona method.
- A2 ghee contains small granules and is hand-churned milk of the cows.
- The colour and texture of the ghee determine its originality.
- A low flame is used to make the ghee and has a mind-blowing sell and texture.
- The A2 ghee contains more essential nutrients like amino acids as compared to the others that are available.
- The yellowish tinge in the A2 pure ghee is due to a precursor of vitamin A.
- This ghee also has certain other nutrients like vitamins B2 and B complex. These vitamins are primarily called immunity boosters.
- The A2 pure ghee can help in reversing certain health conditions like heart issues, gastric and cholesterols.
True Facts About A2 Desi ghee
- It’s a myth that Desi ghee would make a person gain weight but the fact is that Desi ghee has been proven by scientist to have ayurvedic properties. It breaks down the rigid fat present in our body as it’s a single chain fatty acid which increases our body’s metabolism rate too.
- Every Indian grandmother has practiced the routine of feeding a spoon full of Desi ghee to their grandchildren from a very early age because they knew about its immunity providing properties which would only help the body to gain immunity.
- If speaking of market, Desi ghee has now been branded and has been sold out by various companies like Shahji pure A2 Ghee, Amul, Nestle, Ashirwad, Mother Dairy, Patanjali, Govardhan ghee etc. Well, these brands have all been tried and tested by the consumers but there are some great local or state brands too which have been producing quality product and have satisfied their consumers so well that now they have come to highlight.
All these Desi Ghee brands have been serving India for the last few years and Ghee brands like Shahji Ghee is the superior brand guaranteeing purity. You can choose the best brand for yourself and make your everyday meals healthy and nutritious.