A2 desi ghee is the purest form of ghee available on the market. Because A2 ghee is made up of Indian superior desi cow’s milk with traditional Hand Churned bilona method. It is an ancient Vedic method of making ghee.
There are different 2 types of ghee available -
Most people choose A2 Desi Ghee due to the highest form of ghee quality and desi ghee has lots of health benefits, So most doctors, nutritionists, and health experts recommend A2 ghee.
So, if you want to buy and know more about the desi ghee 1kg price in India, then you have come to the right place. Today we are going to show you the price of 1 kg A2 desi ghee in India of different desi ghee brands.
Note: All the prices listed here are tentative and can change anytime.
Desi Ghee Price 1 kg Calculation
Note: 1 kg is not equal to 1 liter, when we talking about ghee. Because
- The specific density of ghee is 0.91 at 30°c.
- Therefore 1 liter of Ghee = 0.91×1000ml · = 910 grams
Price of production of 1 Liter of Pure Desi Ghee
25-28 liters of desi cow's milk used to make 1 liter Pure Desi Ghee through bilona method ( ghee made from curd),
1 Liter of Desi Milk price is around ₹70 to ₹120 per Liter depend upon the Desi Cow Breeds like Gir or Sahiwal,
25-28 liters milk = 1 Liter Pure Desi Ghee
if we take the lowest , then the price of 1 Liter of Desi Ghee = 25 Liter x ₹70 = ₹1,750/Liter
if we take highest, then the price of 1 liter of Desi Ghee = 28 Liter x ₹120 = ₹3,360/Liter
So, if take average of quantity of Milk and cost of 1 liter of milk = 26.5 liter x ₹95 = ₹2,517/liter
Price of Ghee Jar is around ₹50 - ₹150
So the Final cost in the production of 1 Liter of Pure Desi Ghee is around = ₹1,750 to ₹3,360 + Ghee Jar Cost + Delivery charge + 18% GST tax
Ghee price also varies according to the desi cow breed, so if someone selling ghee lower then this price then the ghee is not original or may be company give discount on their loss to acquire the new customer.
Normal Ghee Price 1kg Calculation
Price of production of 1 Liter of Normal Ghee
Normal ghee is made form Milk Cream, so the production cost is low and called as low quality ghee.
Cost of 1kg of Milk Cream in market is around = ₹200-₹250 kg.
1kg of Milk Cream can produce around = 1/2kg Ghee
So, the lowest cost of production of 1kg normal ghee is = ₹200 x 2 = ₹400
Highest cost of production of 1kg normal ghee is = ₹250 x 2 = ₹500
Average cost of production of 1kg normal ghee is = ₹225 x 2 = ₹450
So the final cost of production of 1kg of normal ghee includes = Ghee price + Ghee jar price + delivery charge + 18% GST Tax.
So, if you see ghee price around ₹400 to ₹500 in market then that ghee is made from cream and also has a low quality nutritional value. We would not recommend normal ghee because it cause more bad then good to your body.
Industrial Ghee Price 1kg Calculation
Price of production of 1 Liter of Industrial Ghee
Industrial ghee is made form butter through machines, so the production cost is very low.
- Industries buy butter at low cost.
- They used machines to make ghee (Clarified Butter) from butter.
So, the cost of 1kg of Industrial Ghee in market is around = ₹200-₹450 kg.
This ghee is called as market ghee and very low in quality. It do more harm then good. So we do not recommend market ghee for our customer to eat.
We recommend you to Eat A2 Desi Ghee that maintain your and your family's good health. Here you can buy A2 desi ghee directly from our farm.
- 13+ Best A2 Cow Ghee to buy In India
- 10+ Best Buffalo Ghee to buy In India
- Why A2 Ghee Is Expensive?
Why cost of 1kg ghee is different for desi ghee, cream ghee, and industrial ghee
Malai or milk cream ghee
Manual(by hand), and slow
Mechanized and fast
Boiled Milk→ Curd→ White butter→ Ghee
Boiled milk→ Milk cream→ ghee
Raw Milk→ Butter→ Ghee
Use of milk
Only milk cream is used
Only butter is used
At the time of churning the curd, butter and whey are obtained.
The butter is used for ghee making, the watery liquid or buttermilk is used as a nutritious drink
At the time of boiling milk, the cream is formed. The cream is used for ghee, and milk is used as it is.
Raw milk is churned to separate butter out of it. The butter is used for ghee, and the liquid left is used as milk.
Desi Ghee Vs Normal Ghee ( Basic difference)
A2 Ghee(Desi Ghee)
A1 Ghee(Normal Ghee)
It contains A2 protein.
It contains A1 protein.
Cows naturally produce 10 - 15 litres of milk every day.
Cows are mutated to produce 30- 35 litres of milk every day.
It has colostrum that makes it akin to human mother’s milk.
It is low in nutrition.
Is easy to digest.
Hard to digest.
Has strontium and cerebrosides that enhance immunity and brain power.
Can cause bloating, acidity, and ulcers in the stomach.
Cows are fed organic and nutrient-rich feed.
Cows are given GMOs, antibiotics, and growth hormone injections to increase yield. They are given special diet.
Cows that give A2 milk have humps.
Cows that give A1 milk are without humps.
Why A2 Desi Ghee is Expensive than Normal A1 Desi Ghee?
A2 desi ghee is more expensive than normal ghee because
- Pure 1kg A2 desi ghee is made from 25-28 liter of A2 cow milk.
- Use bilona method to churn the curd to obtained butter.
- It is cooked on low flame to ensure the quality of ghee is high.
- This ghee is preservative-free means no chemical is added to the ghee to increase the life span.
These are all the important points that make A2 desi ghee expensive. If someone selling you A2 ghee for a low price then be aware of it because A2 ghee is not cheap.
Desi Ghee 1kg Price Online in India 2023-24
There are many desi ghee brands in India with different prices and nutritional benefits, so taking care of it we have made a list of the best A2 desi ghee 1kg price in India which is made up of Vedic bilona method. Below are the list of 15+ best desi ghee 1 kg price online in India.
15+ Best Desi Ghee 1kg Price Online in India 2023-24
1. Shahji Ghee A2 Desi Ghee
- Shahji A2 ghee is a pure, unadulterated and high quality A2 desi ghee which is made from highly nutritious & quality A2 Milk.
- This high-quality ghee is obtained in very small amounts after lots of hard work.
- It is 100% preservative-free, chemical-free & cruelty-free, means this ghee is obtained from the milk of happy A2 desi cow.
- Shahji A2 ghee has a perfect grainy texture, tempting aroma, and excellent flavor and homogeneity.
2. Anveshan A2 Desi Ghee
Anveshan (Hallikar Cow) A2 Desi Ghee 1 Litre Price = ₹1,899
- Anveshan A2 Desi Ghee is obtained from A2 desi milk and this A2 ghee is famous for its antioxidant properties.
- Anveshan A2 Desi Ghee has rich vitamin value and ensures strong and healthy muscle strength. Mostly Desi Wrestlers used to consume the A2 desi Ghee for energy, stamina and vitality.
- It is easily digestible and is as opaque as the mother's milk.
3. Gir Organic A2 Desi Ghee
Gir Organic ( Gir Cow ) A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹2,690
- Gir Organic Gheecontains high nutritional value and healthy fat percentage.
- Gir organic ghee is obtained from the A2 milk of grass-feeding Indian Desi Gir cows. Gir cows are left free in open field to graze grass. It helps them to select their fodders.
- Herbal plants like Shatavari, Jivanti, Ashwagandha are when added to the fodder of the cows shows significant impact on the milk and ghee.This is the main reason for its high nutritional value. For over 20+ years, This brand has had a great influence on the ghee market.
- Modern technology is used to extract milk from cows. No human involvement are used for extraction of the milk.
- If you are a vegetarian, this ghee is best suited for you, cause it has healthy fatty acids which are rich in Omega 3.
- Buffalo Ghee Vs Cow Ghee: Which is Healthier?
- A1 Ghee Vs A2 Ghee - Which is better?
- Where can I buy A2 ghee?
- What is A2 Ghee and its Benefits?
- Desi Ghee 5kg Price In India
4. Two Brothers Organic Farm A2 Desi Ghee
Two Brothers Organic Farm A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹3,200
- Two brothers organic farm are fourth-generation farmers who practice holistic, organic, and regenerative agriculture.
- Gir cows are left free for grazing-milked by hand, farm fodder, manually prepared in tiny quantities on a wood stove.
- These cows are grass-fed and not factory-farmed, and they are not cross-breed, which gives our Ghee its unique, natural features.
- The ghee has NO preservatives, binders, fillers, or additives. NO artificial insemination, NO chemical feed, NO machine milking, and Calves given first for drinking first for drinking milking.
5. Kapiva A2 Desi Ghee
Kapiva A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹2,024
- Kapiva A2 Desi Cow Ghee is made from the milk of Tharparkar cows, a cow breed native to India's the Thar Desert.
- These cows are grass-fed and not factory-farmed, and they are not cross-bred, which gives our Ghee its unique, natural features.
- Ghee is made from A2 milk, which has a beta-casein protein that is high in minerals including calcium, iron, fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E, as well as Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
6. Barosi A2 Cultured Ghee
Barosi A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹1,799
- Barosi A2 Cow Ghee has a delicious taste and is easy to digest.
- Made by heating fresh cow milk until it separates into cream and skimmed milk. Seperated cream is heated again until it solidify. From this process all water and impurities get removed, leaving only the fat.
- Barosi A2 ghee contains no additives or preservatives.
- It is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Barosi Cow Ghee is 100% natural and pure, free of pesticides and chemicals, and has a superb balance of Omega-6 to Omega-3 linoleic acids. Ghee is made from grass-fed cow milk.
- Due to having high smoke point, this A2 ghee is used in cooking and baking.
7. Vedic A2 Cultured Ghee
Vedic A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹1,989
- Vedic A2 Cultured Ghee is only obtained from the grass fed A2 Gir Cows, hand churned Ghee is typically made by simmering butter that has been churned from cultured curd, skimming all milk solids from the surface, and then pouring and retaining the clear liquid Vedic ghee while discarding the solid residue that has settled to the bottom.
- Vedic A2 Gir Cow Ghee is high in nutritive fatty acids and is an excellent fat source for Indian vegetarians.
- Its frequent use improves physical and mental power for a balanced and active lifestyle by providing a balanced omega 3 to omega 6 ratio and conjugated linoleic acid. It maintains the body healthy and boosts its potency.
8. Himalayan A2 Desi Ghee
Vedic A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹1,599
- If you want high quality organic Ghee, then you can rely on Himalayan A2 Ghee.
- Ghee is prepared from 100% natural and organic substances, and there is no use of chemicals and other harmful preservatives.
- This A2 desi ghee is made from the milk of Badri or pahari cow.
- Ghee is made from the cow that graze freely in the region of Himalayan grasslands.
- Himalayan desi cows consume various herbs and ingredients and their useful impact is seen to the Ghee.
9. Cow Gold A2 Desi Ghee
CowGold A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹1,153
- CowGold A2 Ghee is frequently used in Indian traditional food to offer a rich taste without adding excessive calories. Because it contained heavy saturated fat, use it moderately.
- It may be used to flavor sauces, soups, curries, and even desserts.
- This Ghee provides healthy fat, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that aid digestion, cognitive function, and immune system support.
- It contains lot of vitamin K, which helps in blood clot, preventing excessive bleeding.
- Minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium are abundant in nature. Because it has fewer saturated fats than conventional butter, it is healthier for baking.
10. Vanalaya A2 Desi Ghee
Vanalaya A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹1,849
- Gir Ghee is manufactured from grass-fed desi Gir cow milk.
- There are lots of benefits of Gir cow ghee. Everyone, irrespective of their age, whether a toddler or aged person. One must always consume it to stay healthy.
- Gir Ghee leads to the nutrition of microbes in the gastrointestinal tract. It helps promote efficient digestion and eliminates waste from our body
- Helps nourish the nervous system and helps our body stay calm throughout the day.
- The fat found in Gir ghee contains vitamins like A, D, E and K that help build hormones and metabolism.
11. Sri Sri Tattva - A2 Cow Ghee
Sri Sri Tattva A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹3,000
- If you want the flavor and great taste of the Ghee, you can go for SriSri Tattva Ghee.
- The milk is extracted from the cows by using German technology that reduces the involvement of the human hands.
- The whole process of milk extraction and ghee formation is taken place in hygienic conditions, and follow all the safety measures from the food department to ensure quality and hygiene.
12. Gavyamart - A2 Cow Desi GheeGavyamart A2 Desi Ghee 1 Liter Price = ₹1,600
- It is manufactured from indigenous cows only.
- Traditional method is used to obtain Ghee in which the butter is cooked on a slow flame, this process gives more delight and maintains the nutritional value as well.
- Gavyamart Pure Indian Ghee from Shree Nandanvan Godham Mahatirth cows is known as a substance that imparts longevity and has a smooth quality used in Ayurvedic Panchkarma treatments such as Netra Basti.
Normal Desi Ghee 1kg Price in India 2023
1. Amul Ghee
Amul desi ghee 1kg price = ₹520
- Amul Ghee is prepared from fresh cream and has a characteristic-rich scent and granular texture.
- Amul Ghee is an ethnic product created by dairies with decades of experience.
- Ghee can be used to aid digestion.
- Also high in vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- Cow Ghee is used orally to treat dryness.
2. Nestle Everyday Shahi Ghee
Nestle desi ghee 1kg price = ₹500
- Processes are used to preserve flavor and fragrance.
- It has a pleasant scent and a dense granular texture.
- It lends itself well to a wide range of Indian dishes.
- A must-have in any Indian home.
- India is the country of origin.
3. Ananda Ghee
Ananda desi ghee 1kg price = ₹675
Allow the superb flavor to make you grin with every mouthful! Presenting finest pure ghee. We provide the greatest grades of ghee that meet the industry's highest quality requirements. Our organization does not engage in methods such as ghee adulteration, which can expose customers to various ailments.
4. Patanjali Ghee
Patanjali desi ghee 1kg price = ₹590
Ghee soothes Pitta and Vata. As a result, it is appropriate for persons with Vata-Pitta body types as well as those who suffer from Vata and Pitta imbalance illnesses.
- Cow Ghee is used orally to alleviate dryness
- Cow ghee is superior to buffalo ghee in terms of heart health.
- Patanjali Cow ghee comprises solely fatty acids or saturated fat that are 89% short-chain fatty acids, as opposed to the longer chain seen in other animal fats.
- The long-chain fatty acid is linked to blood coagulation and thrombosis.
- Patanjali Cow milk is easy to digest and aids in hormone synthesis as well as cell membrane strengthening.
- It aids in the enhancement of intelligence and memory ability.
- Boost your body's vitality and cleanse it.
5. Mother Dairy Ghee
Mother Dairy desi ghee 1kg price = ₹535
Mother Dairy Ghee has a rich flavor and aroma that is identical to conventional ghee. Allow the seductive scent of Mother Dairy Ghee to transport you back in time.
Recreate the specialties and daily dishes from your favorite nani, daadi, buas, and chaachis' ghee-filled kitchens.
- Natural Color Improved Aroma
- Smoother texture and improved granules
- Hygienic techniques were used to ensure maximum food safety and ghee purity.
- It is available in three variations:
- Ghee, Cow Ghee, and Khaanti Ghee are three types of ghee
6. Aashirvaad Ghee
Aashirvaad desi ghee 1kg price = ₹590
- Aashirvaad Svasti Pure Cow Ghee is luxury ghee produced using a proprietary SloCook technique.
- This desi ghee is made by slow heating it for around 3.5 hours at steadily increasing temperatures.
- The Slow Cook technique imparts a rich aroma, golden granular texture, and consistent quality to the ghee.
7. Gowardhan Desi Ghee Price
Gowardhan desi ghee 1kg price = ₹629
Gowardhan Ghee is made in a Modern dairy factory according to a time-tested traditional method that captures the rich flavor and aroma of cow ghee. It contains natural vitamins and beta-carotene. Cow ghee is a healthy alternative due to its high polyunsaturated fat content and low saturated fat content. There is no additional color.
8. Milk Food Ghee
Milk Food desi ghee 1kg price = ₹700
Milkfood Ghee, made from the purest butter clarified under perfectly regulated circumstances, has developed a brand identity that is synonymous with Ghee in Indian minds. Because of its fine granular texture and unique scent, it is the favorite cooking medium throughout the country.
9. Paras Ghee
Paras desi ghee 1kg price = ₹800
PARAS ghee includes Butyric Acid, and Vitamin A and is made with 60 years of genuine love and time-tested techniques. It is manufactured from the best milk, which is obtained directly from farmers and processed in automated processes. A tablespoon of PARAS Ghee per day aids in the formation of a solid foundation for growth.
10. Dabur Ghee
Dabur desi ghee 1kg price = ₹625
- Dabur 100% Pure Cow Ghee contains Vitamin A, which helps increase immunity. No organic.
- It is made from the milk of indigenous cows raised on small farms and is completely clean and nutritious.
- It is high in fat-soluble vitamins and has several health advantages.
- It promotes good cholesterol levels, promotes a healthy weight, keeps skin shining, and improves digestion.
- Its antioxidant activity aids in the battle against cell damage.
Watch Video on Desi Ghee Price 2023
We know that A2 desi ghee is far better than normal ghee in terms of quality and benefits. Most doctors, nutritionists, and many health experts recommend A2 Ghee for strengthening bones, vision, joints, memories, etc.
A2 Sahiwal Cow Ghee
A2 Gir Cow Ghee
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is 1 litre of ghee?
What is the price of 1 kg Gir cow ghee?
The price of 1 kg Gir cow ghee ranges from 1800 to 3000 INR.
What is the price of 1 kg buffalo ghee?
The price of 1 kg buffalo ghee ranges from 1000 to 1500 INR.
What is the price of 1 kg sahiwal cow ghee?
The price of 1 kg Sahiwal cow ghee ranges from 1400 to 2500 INR.
What is the price of 1 kg of Hallikar cow ghee?
The price of 1 kg Hallikar cow ghee ranges from 1500 to 2500 INR.
Why A2 desi ghee is costly?
A2 desi cow ghee is costly because it is made from A2 milk with the Vedic bilona method by churning curd which is laborious work. Indian desi cow gives a limited amount of milk per day making A2 milk in demand that's why the price of A2 milk is high and overall ghee becomes costly.
Is 1 litre of ghee equal to 1 kg?
No 1 litre of ghee is not equal to 1 kg of ghee because the specific density of ghee is 0.91 at 30°c. Therefore 1 liter of Ghee = 0.91×1000ml = 910 grams of ghee.