15 Best Ghee Benefits For Health 2022
In Ayurveda, ghee is known as a superfood for its numerous advantages for human health. There are a lots of health benefits of Ghee. That is why it has been used as part of the daily diet in Indian households for ages.
Ghee is rich in many nutrients that have positive effects on different parts of our body. Regular consumption in moderation prevents health issues, fights diseases, and imparts nutritional and hormonal balance.
Let's Discover 15 Effective Ghee Benefits For Health:
1. Nutritional Ghee Benefits
Ghee has Vitamins A, D, E, and K, which are essential for cellular functions and growth. It is also a rich source of antioxidants. These protect against damage caused to the body by free radicals. On top of it, ghee also has Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids.
2. Ghee Benefits for Immunity
Ghee is known to enhance our immunity. It is a rich source of Butyric Acid that helps in the production of T cells in our bodies. T cells are useful in producing antibodies and destroying viruses. The various nutrients also enforce greater immunity in our bodies.
3. Ghee Benefits for Body
Instead of long-chained, the Fatty Acids in ghee are small and medium-chained. These are easily absorbed and immediately broken down by the liver. That is why ghee is a better and instant provider of energy than most carbs.
4. Ghee Benefits for Skin
Ghee has lipids and fatty acids that can help treat dry skin problems. It is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins that are useful for healthy skin. Some of the ghee benefits for skin include:
- Chapped Lips - Ghee proves to be an intense moisturizer for chapped and dry lips.
- Dry Skin - Ghee acts as a deep moisturizer for dry, flaky, and damaged skin. It helps in moisture balance and hydrates the skin.
- Anti-ageing - The antioxidants keep the wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
- Dark circles - Ghee can help protect and repair the delicate skin around the eyes. Daily application of ghee can help you overcome the problem of dark circles.
5. Ghee Benefits for Hair
Ghee is equally suitable for hair as well. Regular use of ghee on hair and scalp can result in luxurious locks of hair. Here are some ghee benefits for hair:
- Conditions hair - Ghee can provide intense nourishment to frizzy, dry, and damaged hair. Weekly application of ghee conditions the hair and makes it soft and silky.
- Promotes hair growth - Massaging hair with warm ghee stimulates dormant hair follicles and increases hair growth.
- Reduces Dandruff - massaging ghee to your scalp moisturizes it and helps in reactivating the sebaceous glands. This reduced dandruff to a vast degree.
6. Ghee Benefits for Brain Development
DHA present in ghee is good for cognitive abilities, mental alertness, and developing sharp memory. That is why, since old times, ghee has been given to children and students.
7. Ghee Benefits for Bone
This liquid gold is essentially great for bone health. Ghee has multiple nutrients that make it crucial for developing bone strength
- Vitamin A is important for bone development
- Vitamin D is required for calcium and phosphorus absorption
- It lubricates the joints and connective tissues. Thereby, improving flexibility, and movement, and relieving pains from joint stiffness and arthritis.
8. Ghee Benefits for Heart
Ghee has CLA, which helps in increasing good cholesterol and reducing bad cholesterol in the body. The presence of Vitamin K2 also helps to prevent blockages in the arteries.
9. Ghee Benefits for Weight Gain Or Weight Loss
Cow ghee contains Omega-3 (DHA) and Omega-6 (CLA). Both of these help in weight loss by increasing lean body mass and burning unwanted fat from the body.
Ghee, being rich in calories and fat, can also help to gain weight. Taken along with milk or cumin rice, it can boost weight as well. However, it must be accompanied by an active lifestyle and exercise. Excessive intake of ghee can cause health issues like obesity and cholesterol increase.
10. Ghee Benefits for Digestion
The Butyric acid present in ghee is important for the gut, intestines, and colon. Regular consumption of ghee helps in boosting metabolism, preventing intestinal and colon health problems, and improving bowel movement as well.
11. Ghee Benefits for Increases Appetite
Traditionally, Ghee has been used to treat loss of appetite. It is believed to release gastric acid which promotes better digestion and a healthy appetite.
12. Ghee Benefits for Lactose Intolerant
The process of ghee making includes the separation of milk from fat. This makes ghee is in a way lactose-free. Therefore, it is suitable for consumption by people who are allergic to dairy products.
13. Ghee Benefits for Eye
Vitamin A that is found in Ghee makes it a boon for eyesight as well. It prevents cataracts and macular degeneration.
14. Ghee Benefits for cooking
Ghee has a high smoke point of around 250°C and does not break into free radicals, unlike most other cooking oils. Therefore, ghee is ideal for cooking at high temperatures like sauteing or frying.
15. Ghee Benefits for Anti-inflammatory
Ghee is considered extremely safe for use on the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to treat burns and swelling.
Watch Video On : 15 Ghee Benefits For Health
So their are so many ghee benefits for health, it is evident that it is a health booster for us. Desi Cow ghee benefits are felt practically in every system of our body. Rich in essential nutrients and good cholesterol, ghee enhances our immunity. It is also beneficial for the heart, brain, bone, skin, hair, and digestive system.
You can Also Read :