Pollution, stress, eating habits, sleeping patterns, and weather affect the skin. As a result, our skin goes through a lot. Dark circles are one of the most common problems faced by the skin. These affect men and women both.
Dadi Ma Ke Nuskhe or home remedies are popular and effective ways to reduce dark circles. Desi ghee is often a part of many such remedies and works wonders for the skin. Ghee has immense anti-oxidant and moisturizing properties, which makes it the best natural way to tackle dark circles.
What Causes Dark Circles?
A dark circle is a problem in which the skin around the eyes looks blemished and dark (black or purplish/ bluish as per the color of the skin). As a result, they impart an exhausted and dull look to the face due to which people use cosmetics like concealers and foundation creams to cover them.
Dark circles can be caused by any of these:
- Bad sleeping habits and sleeplessness
- Hay fever and other allergies, which cause weakness in the body
- Excess melanin production and hyperpigmentation
- Reduced fatty tissues around the eyes
- Under-eye skin thinning
- Stress and fatigue
- Deficiency of iron (Anaemia)
- Harsh sunlight, which causes tanning and sunburns
- Too much rubbing of eyes
- Growing age
- Incessant Smoking
- Genetic factors
- Dehydration and lack of proper water intake
- Skin conditions and dermatitis
How Ghee is Beneficial for Minimizing Dark Circles?
The healing prowess of desi ghee is well known. It has immense healing and nourishing powers thanks to the antioxidants it contains.
- The presence of essential vitamins A, D, E, and K in ghee makes it a youth-retaining ointment.
- This golden “Elixir of Life” penetrates deep into the skin, hydrates it, and lends a glow.
- It evens out skin tones and soothes irritation and reduces dark spots and dark circles.
- Ghee nourishes the skin because the omega fatty acids and antioxidants help neutralize free radicals.
- Ghee is known to activate collagen (a protein) production because of Vitamin K. This helps keep the skin intact and prevents sagging.
- Anti-oxidants in ghee have a brightening effect on the skin and prevent damage due to oxidative stress.
- Ghee has vitamin A and fatty acids, which help moisturize the skin and remove dullness.
- Ghee improves skin elasticity through the nutrients it contains.
Homemade Ghee Remedies to Remove Dark Circles | 5+ Best Ways To Use Ghee For Dark Circles
1. Direct application of ghee
Applying a little ghee directly under the eyes will help hydrate the area and help in reducing the darkness. Daily repetition will be more effective.
Also Read: 7 Ways to use ghee for dark circle
2. Desi Ghee with Gram Flour
Make a mixture of desi ghee, turmeric, and gram flour (besan). Add a little lemon juice to it. Even out the consistency and apply the paste as a mask. Keep it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Post that wash it off with water.
3. Desi Ghee with Honey
Take some ghee and add some honey. Mix them well and apply them as a facemask for 15 minutes. Wash off afterwards. This will reduce dark spots and lend suppleness and glow to the skin.
4. Ghee with Sandalwood oil and Turmeric
The anti-bacterial effect of Sandalwood oil and turmeric and the anti-oxidant properties of ghee are great for dark circles. Mix one tablespoon of desi ghee with 1/2 tablespoon turmeric and 2-3 drops of sandalwood oil. You can apply this on the face and let it rest for 25 minutes. Then wash it off.
5. Milk, Masoor dal and Desi Ghee
Milk is a cleanser, and crushed Masoor dal is an exfoliator. Mix ghee with these two in equal quantities. Apply and scrub the paste on the face for ten minutes. Then wash off.
6. Ghee with Turmeric and Beeswax
Mix 3 tablespoons cow ghee, 1 tsp turmeric powder, and 1 tablespoon melted beeswax. Pour in a jar and let harden. Use it like a cream and apply it over dark circles before sleeping.
Along with the above remedies, you should have adequate sleep daily. Proper food and water intake are also essential for overall healthy skin.
* Important Article *
Ghee is a miracle liquid. It is likened to Amrit or nectar by Ayurveda experts. It will be excellent if you can include ghee in your face packs to hydrate and heal your skin naturally.
A word of caution is to avoid adulterated and impure ghee products that are easily available in the market. Choose only pure and superior desi ghee like Shahji Ghee for the best ghee in India.