India is called the land of desi ghee. In India, desi ghee has a history of thousands of years. It has been used in Indian homes for culinary uses for ages. It holds an essential place in Indian culture because apart from making delicious food, it is also full of health benefits and medicinal properties that keep us healthy and away from diseases.
There is no one type of indigenous cow in India, there are many different types of indigenous cows found here, such as Gir, Sahiwal, Hallikar, Tharparkar, etc. If we talk only about the Gir cow, then the Gir cow is very important in India because the Gir cow is known as the healthiest milk-giving cow in India. These cows are capable of stress tolerance and are resistant to various tropical diseases.
As the Gir cow is known as the healthiest milk-giving cattle, the ghee made from this milk is also known as the healthiest and highest-quality ghee because as there is milk there is ghee. In India, Gir cow ghee is available with different names and prices. Confusion always persists due to the different terms of gir cow ghee.
In this informative article, we will discuss the Gir cow ghee price, factors affecting the gir cow ghee prices, prices of different sizes of gir cow ghee, and many more. So let's start.
What is gir cow & gir cow ghee?
Gir Cow: The Gir cow is a superior Indian desi cow breed found in the Gir hills and forests of Kathiawar of Gujarat districts, including Amreli, Bhavnagar, Junagadh, and Rajkot. This breed is named after the Gir forest, its natural habitat.
Gir cow ghee: Gir cow ghee is one of the most loved desi ghee in India. It is made from the milk of gir cow using Vedic bilona methods that retain all the health and medicinal properties.
Factors affecting Gir cow ghee prices
There are several factors that affect the price of Gir cow ghee. We are mentioning some major factors here that affect the price of Gir cow ghee:
- Environment: The environment plays an important role in affecting gir ghee prices. If the environment is not compatible with the gir cow then it can affect the milk production. If the place is polluted and unhygienic then it can affect the health of the cow as well as the health of the milk, and milk affects the quality of ghee and if quality deteriorates then the prices change.
- Supply of Desi milk: The production of ghee can be affected by various factors such as changes in milk production caused by seasonal variations, weather conditions, and disease pandemics among dairy animals. These fluctuations can impact the availability of milk and thus affect ghee production.
- Ghee demand: When people start to prefer different foods or change their diets, it affects ghee consumption. If more people are looking for Gir cow ghee, prices may go up. On the other hand, if fewer people are interested in gir cow ghee, prices might go down.
- Global oil and fats prices: As we know desi ghee is a type of clarified butter. And because it's purely a fat-based product, fluctuations in global prices of oils and fats, such as palm oil, coconut oil, or animal fats, can have a significant impact on the cost of producing desi ghee.
- Government policies and regulations: When it comes to producing ghee, there are a lot of factors that can affect ghee prices. One of the most important factors is the government policies and regulations at that place. Policies related to dairy farming, milk procurement, trade, taxes, and subsidies can all have a direct impact on the cost structure of ghee production and can influence prices. It's important for producers to keep up-to-date with any changes to these policies so that they can adjust their operations costs accordingly and remain competitive in the market.
- Weather and climate conditions: As we all know, weather and climate conditions have a significant impact on the dairy industry. Extreme weather events can cause a lot of harm to dairy animals, disrupt transportation, and even affect the availability of milk. Consequently, these factors can indirectly impact ghee prices. Therefore, it is important to keep an eye on the weather and climate changes and make necessary adjustments to ensure the well-being of dairy animals and maintain a stable supply of milk.
Gir cow ghee price (250 ml, 500 ml, 1 liter)
In this section, we will discuss the basic average price range of gir cow ghee of different sizes 250 ml, 500 ml, and 1 liter. As we discussed, Gir cow ghee price is affected by several factors such as environmental conditions, supply of desi milk, ghee demand, global oil fat prices, government rules and regulations, and weather and climate change. Here is the price range of gir ow ghee of different sizes (250 ml, 500 ml, 1 liter).
- 250 ml Gir cow ghee price: At Shahji Ghee, Gir cow ghee is available in three different sizes viz. 250 ml, 500 ml, and 1 liter. The price of 250 ml of gir cow ghee ranges from 500 to 1000 rupees. At Shahji Ghee, the price of 250 ml of gir cow ghee is 940 INR.
- 500 ml Gir cow ghee price: The price of 500 ml of Gir cow ghee ranges from 1000 to 2000 rupees. At Shahji Ghee, the price of 500 ml of gir cow ghee is 1600 INR.
- 1-liter Gir cow ghee price: The price of 1L of Gir cow ghee ranges from 2000 to 3500 rupees. At Shahji Ghee, the price of 1L of gir cow ghee is 3000 INR.
Gir cow ghee price comparison
Here is a mini table that compares the Gir cow ghee prices with other desi cow ghee prices.
Desi cow ghee/Sizes
250 ml (prices range)
500 ml (prices range)
1-Liter (prices range)
Gir cow ghee
500 - 1000
Sahiwal cow ghee
450 - 900
950 - 1500
450 - 700
800 - 1300
1500 - 2300
Where can I buy Gir cow ghee?
So, where can you buy Gir cow ghee? If you are living in the rural areas of Gujrat then you can easily buy Gir cow ghee from the local dairy farmers but if you are living in a non-gir cow state then there will be very little chance to get Gir ghee because there are very limited stores who sell Gir cow ghee offline.
But don’t worry, the internet has revolutionized the way of living and marketing. Due to the Internet, various local farmers are now able to sell their products through online stores.
Today there are various online stores that sell Desi ghee including Gir cow ghee in different sizes. If you want to buy Gir ghee then go to your browser and search for Gir cow ghee. You can also search for your ghee by putting your preferred brand name with your ghee search, e.g. Shahji Gir cow ghee.
You can see various stores that are selling Gir cow ghee online. One of the famous online desi ghee stores is Shahji Ghee. Who has been selling their desi ghee since 1957? You can visit the store and explore various desi ghee and the best possible offers.
Benefits of gir cow ghee
Before buying Gir cow ghee. You must try to find the benefits of Gir cow ghee because this is the first thing people do when they buy something edible. Here are some benefits of gir cow ghee:
- Essential vitamins like Vitamins A, E, D, and K in gir cow ghee fulfill the deficiency of vitamins in the body.
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help in lowering inflammable and heart disease.
- Vitamin D helps to keep bones, teeth, and muscles healthy and strong the reduces the conditions that lead to rickets.
- Helps in treating Insomnia
- Good for joint massage as it gives warmth to the bones and keeps them strong.
- Contains fat-soluble vitamins that facilitate the absorption of nutrients in the body.
- Full of medicinal properties that help to treat constipation, and promote healthy eyes and glowing skin.
- Improves memory, keeps the mind cool and relaxed, and improves brain functions.
Keep in mind that ghee is a high-fat food and should be consumed moderately. Nonetheless, it is a beneficial source of healthy fats and nutrients that can be included in a healthy diet.
Buy Gir cow ghee
Want to buy high-quality premium Gir cow ghee, you don’t need to go anywhere. Shahji Ghee offers you various options for buying Gir cow ghee, including Sahiwal and Murrah Buffalo ghee. Visit the Shop Now page.
Gir cow ghee is one the best and most loved desi ghee in India. Gir cow ghee is always in high demand due to its large demand, so its price is always high and keeps fluctuating. Gir cow ghee is available in three sizes viz 250 ml, 500 ml, and 1 liter, and its price ranges are 500 - 1000 INR, 1000 - 2000 INR, and 2000 - 3500 INR respectively.
Gir ghee is rich in essential nutrients, vitamins, and healthy fats. So, adopting Gir cow ghee in your meal would be a good decision.
Gir cow ghee FAQs
What is Gir cow ghee?
Gir cow ghee is a type of desi ghee that is obtained from the milk of Gir cow.
Is Gir cow ghee made from the bilona method?
Yes, Gir cow ghee is made from the bilona method. The Gir is a desi cow breed. It follows the same indigenous (Bilona method) for making ghee.
What are the top 3 benefits of gir ghee?
Here are the 3 top benefits of Gir cow ghee.
Where can I buy gir cow ghee?
You can buy Gir cow ghee from local dairy farmers or from a well-trusted online store like Shahji Ghee.
Which desi cow ghee is best in India?
Gir cow ghee is best ghee in India. It is full of health benefits and medicinal properties.