There are various indigenous cows such as Gir, Sahiwal, Hallikar, Tharparker, etc. These cows are called A2 cows, and the milk they give is called A2 milk. And the ghee made from this milk is called A2 ghee. A2 is a special type of protein called A2 beta-casein protein, found in the milk of A2 cows.
A2 ghee is also called traditional or desi ghee. Desi ghee is always been loved for its purity and health benefits.
Desi ghee is an important part of the Indian kitchen, and it is used to cook various dishes like gazar ka halwa, besan ke laddoo, and different types of sweets; from our breakfast to lunch, and from lunch to dinner, the desi ghee is used everywhere.
It is used to make our toast, bread, chapatis, paratha, and coffee more delicious, as It adds a fabulous taste to this snack.
One of the desi ghee is Gir cow ghee which is considered a highly recommended desi ghee of all time. In this short piece of article, we will discuss especially Gir cow ghee, its benefits, and how its made. So, without talking more, let's go through the article.
What is Gir Cow Ghee?
GIr cow ghee is a special type of ghee that is made from Gir cow milk. Gir cow ghee is one of the purest ghee on the market because it is prepared through a special technique called the bilona process from the milk of Gir cow.
This ghee is yellowish in color and has a grainy texture. It is rich in aroma, and taste. Gir cow ghee is one of the best choices for cooking delicious meals.
How is Gir cow ghee made?
As we know that ghee made from the bilona process is more beneficial than commercially manufactured ghee because the bilona process is totally handmade and does not use any machinery but commercially manufactured ghee uses various machinery for instant and large production of ghee.
Indulgence of machinery in ghee-making destroyed various essential nutrition that makes it less chosen over bilona A2 ghee.
Gir cow ghee is made using bilona process follow these steps:
Step 1: Obtained pure and fresh Gir cow milk.
Step 2: Slowly heat the milk
Step 3: Ferment the milk by adding a small amount of buttermilk.
Step 4: Churn the curd using a bilona (wooden churner)
Separate the butter obtained while churning the curd
Step 5: Heat the butter over a low flame
Step 6: Heat the butter over a low flame until it turns golden brown
Step 7: Filter ghee and store tight container.
11+ Amazing Benefits Of Eating Gir Cow Ghee
Gir cow ghee is an A2 desi ghee that is made from the Bilona process. Bilona ghee is extremely beneficial for health and it contains all medicinal properties. Bilona ghee is handmade ghee and ensures that it preserves all the nutritional components. Here are the 11+ benefits of eating Gir cow ghee:
- Gir cow ghee helps slow down aging and reduces facial wrinkles.
- It contains essential vitamins like Vitamins A, E, D, and K which fulfill the deficiency of vitamins in the body.
- Gir cow ghee is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help in lowering inflammable and heart disease.
- Vitamins D in Gir cow ghee helps to keep bones, teeth, and muscles healthy and strong the reduce the conditions that lead to rickets.
- This ghee helps in treating Insomnia, and it is also good for joint massage as it gives warmth to the bones and keeps it strong.
- Contains fat-soluble vitamins that facilitate the absorption of nutrients in the body.
- Gir cow ghee is full of medicinal properties such as it can helps to treat constipation, and promoting healthy eyes and glowing skin.
- Improves memory, keeps the mind cool and relaxed, and improves brain functions.
- Contains Conjugated Linolenic Acid (CLA) in Gir cow ghee helps in weight loss. It also helps slow down the cancer's progress in the body and lower the heart risk.
- Desi Gir cow ghee melts at 37°C and the body temperature is 37.2 °C which means Desi ghee is easily absorbed in the body but the commercially produced ghee (normal market ghee) melts at 39°C and does not easily absorbed in the body and results to high blood pressure, nerve clogging, diabetes, increase cholesterol and heart risk.
- Gir cow ghee is highly beneficial and recommended for people who are suffering from piles, fisher, and fistula.
- Enhance immunity and promotes healthy growth in children.
In conclusion, Desi ghee is an integral part of our kitchen as it is used to cook various delicious dishes. It is also used as a spread on toast, bread, chapatis, and parantha and makes it tasty.
Gir cow ghee is a type of ghee made from the milk of Gir cows with the bilona process. Ghee made from the bilona process is more beneficial than ghee made from machinery in bulk.
Gir cow ghee made with bilona process follows several steps such as obtaining fresh gir cow milk, heating the milk, curdling, churning, removing the butter, simmering the butter on low flame until it turns golden brown, and straining and storing in a tight container.
Gir cow ghee is full of health benefits and medicinal properties which aid in several health issues such as constipation, digestion, insomnia, heart disease, piles, fisher, etc. and it helps to improve bone health, brain functions, liver health, eye health, keeps skin glowing, and lower aging and reduce facial wrinkles.
Gir cow ghee is extremely beneficial for people who are health-conscious and want to live a healthy and longer life.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
1). What is Gir cow ghee?
The gir cow is a type of ghee that is made from the milk of the Gir cow with the help of the Bilona process.
2). What is A2 ghee?
A2 ghee also called desi ghee which is formed from the milk of a desi cow (A2 cow). It is called A2 because it contains a protein called A2 beta-casein protein.
3). What is the bilona process?
The Bilona process is a traditional way of making ghee. It uses a wooden churner that is rotated clockwise and anticlockwise direction inside a pot containing curd. This rotation is carried by the people, especially women.
4). Which cow breed is the best?
The gir cow is considered the best cow breed in India because it is the superior desi cow breed that gives high-quality milk.
5). Which is the purest ghee in India?
Gir cow ghee is the purest ghee in India because this ghee is highly beneficial for health and contains all medicinal properties.
6). What are the benefits of Gir cow ghee?
Gir cow ghee has several benefits such as:
- Helps in digestion
- Helps to treat constipation
- Improve brain function
- Lower bad cholesterol and reduce heart risk
- Helps to keep bones, teeth, and muscles strong